LIVE VIDEO: WUSA 9 at 5am    Watch
 

1 Injured In Alexandria Condo Complex Fire

7:27 AM, Dec 6, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (WUSA) -- One person was burned while trying to fight a fire at a mid-rise condominium building in Alexandria early Thursday morning. The person also suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to the hospital.

The fire broke out in the 1200 block of South Washington Street at approximately 12:06 a.m.

Firefighters saw fire showing from the back of the building. They were able to get the fire out in approximately 15 minutes. 

Two people inside were able to get out on their own. The Red Cross is helping relocate them.

Fire officials say the fire was accidental and caused by curtains touching a halogen light bulb.

fire officials say there is approximately $1 million in fire and smoke damage. The building did not have an automatic fire sprinkler system.



Most Watched Videos