BALTIMORE, Md. (WUSA) - Expect delays this weekend on I-95 and I-395 as the 2012 Baltimore Grand Prix comes to the city of Baltimore this weekend. Major roadways including I-395 will be closed at Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard beginning Wednesday night.
The MD Transportation Authority (MDTA) and the Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA) say the heaviest traffic will be expected this Thursday and Friday between 8 a.m. and noon and on Sunday evening.
See the following road closures on MDTA roadways and ramps.
- Wednesday, Aug. 29 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 3 - northbound I-395 will be closed at Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard, with no access to Conway, Howard & Lee Streets. Motorists detoured to Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard.
- Thursday, Aug. 30 from 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 3 - southbound I-395 will be closed to Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard.
- Thursday, Aug. 30 from 8:05 p.m. to 5 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 4 - the ramp from Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard to Lee Street will be closed.
- Friday, Aug. 31 through Monday, Sept. 3 - I-95 and I-895 will experience heavy traffic volumes due to the Labor Day holiday.
- Friday, Aug. 31 and Sunday, Sept. 2 from 11:00 a.m. to mid-afternoon - I-95 at Exit 55 (Key Highway) and McComas Street will experience heavy traffic due to cruise ship departures.
If you are traveling to Baltimore or the Grand Prix, The MDTA also offers travel tips to residents. Call 511 or visit MD511.org for statewide travel information.
For more information and tickets click here