Grill Sparks Fire In Great Falls

9:47 AM, May 24, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

GREAT FALLS, Va. (WUSA9) -- Thursday night, a fire caused by a barbecue grill sparked a Great Falls house fire, and caused approximately $75,000 worth of damage, say fire officials.

Fairfax County firefighters responded at approximately 6:25 p.m. to a home in the 10400 block of Deerfoot Drive. They saw a fire coming from a rear deck and started battling the blaze, say officials.

The firefighters were able to get the fire under control in approximately 15 minutes even though The Incident Commander had to call for a tanker task force and use a nearby water source because of the lack of hydrants in the area, according to officials. 

Officials say the fire was contained to the deck, siding, and some minor fire extension inside the home.

Officials tell us that the occupants, who called 911 when they heard a loud noise from the outside of the home, have been displaced. 

There were no injuries.

Most Watched Videos