Apartment Evacuated After Gas Explosion In Centreville, Va.

5:42 PM, Mar 2, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

CENTREVILLE, Va. (WUSA9) -- Residents of a Centreville apartment complex were evacuated after an explosion on Saturday, officials say. 

According to the Fairfax Fire Dept., the explosion took place at the 14900 block of Rydell Rd. and caused a sliding glass window to shatter. 

Fire crews began to let residents back in after they did not find any dangerous gas readings, fire, or smoke, the fire department said. 

Preliminary reports indicated that there was some sort of pressurized gas container inside the apartment.  

No one was home at the time of the explosion and no injures were reported. 

Most Watched Videos