Leonard Fischer and William Hudgens Of Arlington Charged With Attempted Manufacturing of Methamphetamine After Suspected Meth Lab Found In Apartment

7:33 PM, Aug 28, 2012   |    comments
William Hudgens and Leonard Fisher, charged with attempted manufacturing of methamphetamine in Arlington, Va.
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

ARLINGTON (WUSA) -- Arlington police say two men have been charged after officers stumbled upon a suspected meth lab after responding to a domestic dispute late Monday night.

Forty-four-year-old Leonard Fischer and 31-year-old William Hudgens of Arlington, Va. were arrested and charged with attempted manufacturing of methamphetamine, police announced Tuesday afternoon.

Lt. Michael Watson, spokesman for the Arlington County Police Department, says officers were called to investigate a dispute around 9:30 p.m. at the Virginia Square Apartments located at 801 N. Monroe Street. When police entered the third floor apartment, they found materials commonly used for making methamphetamine. The discovery prompted them to notify the fire department and their hazmat team.

According to Captain Gregg Karl with the Arlington County Fire Department, firefighters and hazmat crews were alerted to the situation by police around 11:00 p.m., prompting a partial evacuation of the building. Residents of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors were taken to safety.

Around 1:45 a.m., people were allowed to return to the 2nd and 4th floor apartments. Lt. Watson says the residents of the 3rd floor who were still displaced as of 2:30 Tuesday morning were being assisted by Arlington County Emergency Management.

At this point, police cannot confirm the apartment houses a functioning meth lab because police immediately backed out of the apartment when they noticed what appeared to be the basic materials used in meth production. Further investigation of the evidence inside the home will be conducted after a search warrant is obtained this morning.

So far there is no word on when the remaining displaced residents will be allowed back inside.

No injuries from exposure to harmful materials have been reported.

Most Watched Videos