HARFORD COUNTY, Md. (WUSA) -- An extension cord spliced into romex wire at a shed ignited nearby combustibles, starting a fire that destroyed the shed and two cars in Harford County, say fire authorities.
The fire happened on Tuesday at 9:05 a.m. in the 3700 block of Bay Road. Authorities say the fire completely consumed the shed which was occupied by its owner and then spread to two abandoned cars.
Twenty firefighters got the fire under control in 10 minutes.
In the end, the shed and cars were considered a total loss. Authorities report an estimated $20,000 in damage.