LIVE VIDEO: WUSA 9 at 4:30am    Watch
 

House Fires in Fullerton, Laurel, Md., started by turkey fryers on homes' decks

3:44 PM, Nov 22, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +


LAUREL, Md. (AP) - Prince George's County firefighters say a house was heavily damaged when the residents were smoking a turkey on a propane grill on the rear deck.

The fire was reported about 11 p.m. Wednesday on Prince George Street in Laurel. Officials say the blaze started on the house's exterior and spread into the two-story home.

One firefighter suffered an illness at the scene and was taken to a local hospital.

Damage was estimated at $100,000 and the family was displaced.

Baltimore County firefighters say another house's deck was damaged Thursday afternoon in Fullerton when a turkey fryer was warming up and oil splattered. One person suffered minor burns to his arms and face.


Most Watched Videos