WASHINGTON, DC (WUSA)--DC Fire Department personnel were called for a report of smoke coming out of an unused fireplace in the Old Executive Office on Pennsylvania Avenue and 17th Street NW.
DC Fire and EMS spokesperson Alan Etter tells 9NEWS NOW that someone smelled smoke in the fourth floor of the building and called the fire department. DC Firefighters found that the smoke was coming from a fireplace on the second floor.
Etter says the building was evacuated and that no one appeared to have been affected by it.
According to the DC Fire spokesperson, the smoke has been cleared and personnel were allowed back into the building.
DC Fire personnel are still on the scene and the cause of the fire has not been determined.
Written by 9NEWS NOW