Cory Monteith died of a drug overdose over the weekend.
(Photo: Jordan Strauss, Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP)
WASHINGTON (USA Today) -- The British Columbia coroner confirms that Glee actor Cory Monteith died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol.
"There is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most tragic accident," the coroner's office said in a YouTube video.
The 31-year-old was found dead in his Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room on Saturday. He was believed to be alone when he died.
Monteith had talked bluntly about struggling with addiction since he was a teenager, calling it a serious problem and telling Parade magazine in 2011 he was "lucky to be alive."