WUSA High School Basketball Coaches of the Year Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, WUSA High School Basketball Coaches of the Year Contest (the "Contest") is open to legal U.S. residents of the States of Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia who are 13 years or older at the time of entry (each, a "Nominator"). Eligible nominees must reside in the same geographical area, be at least 21 years or older at the time of the nomination, be a coach of a high school basketball team for a high school located within the above geographical area and identified in the Nominator's entry, and consents to his or her nomination (each, a "Nominee"). Employees and contractors of WUSA-TV ("Sponsor"), Gannett Co., Inc., USA TODAYHSS.com, Central Michigan University, and each of its respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to be a Nominator or Nominee. Nominees who are selected as Winners must be willing to be interviewed in person by Sponsor's regarding their coaching efforts. Sponsor will contact each of the Nominees for consent to such appearance.
3. How to Enter: The Contest will begin at 12:01 a.m. (E.T.) on April 10, 2013 and end at 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on Tuesday, June 4, 2013 (the "Contest Period"). Nominations will be accepted beginning at 12:01 a.m. (E.T.) on April 10, 2013 and ending at 2:00 p.m. (E.T.) on, May 17, 2013 (the "Nomination Period"). Voting will begin at 6:00 p.m. (E.T.) on May 17, 2013 and end at 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on June 3, 2013 (the "Voting Period").
To enter, complete an official entry form available online by visiting WUSA High School Basketball Coaches of the Year official registration at www.usatodayhss.com/dc. Nominators must submit the name of a Nominee, the name and address of the high school where the Nominee is a basketball coach, the Nominee's win/loss record for the 2012-2013 high school basketball season, and the Nominator's name and contact information. Nominators may select qualified Nominees from Washington, D.C., Maryland, or Virginia, regardless of the residence of the Nominator. Complete the entry form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the "SEND" button. Sponsor will contact and notify each Nominee of his or her nomination as received. Nominees who do not consent to the nomination will be disqualified and the entry removed. Entries submitted by the same entrant under different user accounts will be disqualified. Nominators acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries or the identity and coaching statistics of any Nominee, in Sponsor's sole discretion in any way it seems fit without limitation or compensation to Nominators or Nominees.
Limit one (1) entry per person during the Nomination Period. All entries must be received by 2:00 p.m. (E.T.) on May 17, 2013.
Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn't interfere with processing your entry. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
4. Winner Selection. All eligible entries will be posted on Sponsor's website, www.usatodayhss.com/dc, for public voting by individuals who are 13 years or older beginning at 6:00 p.m. (E.T.) on May 17, 2013 and ending at 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on June 3, 2013. Voters will cast their votes for a male and/or female basketball coach. Each voter may submit vote for a male coach and/or a female coach only once per day during the Voting Period. There will be a total of six (6) winners, three (3) male coaches and three (3) female coaches; one per D.C., Maryland, and Virginia. The winners will be the male basketball coach Nominees and the female basketball coach Nominees in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia who receive the highest percentage of recorded votes as of 11:59 pm (E.T.) on Monday, June 3, 2013. In the event of a tie in any category, the winning entry for such category will be randomly selected by the Sponsor from among the tied entries. Decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects.
5. Prizes and Odds. There will be six (6) prizes. Each winner will receive one (1) WUSA High School Basketball Coaches of the Year Contest plaque (ARV of each plaque: $50.00).Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries and votes received. Winners will be interviewed by Sponsor about their coaching and the interview will be displayed on Sponsor's website. Date, time, and location of the interview will be provided to winners in advance.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The Winners will be notified on or about Tuesday, June 4, 2013. Sponsor will call the Winners at the telephone numbers provided on the winning entry forms. Sponsor will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach any Winner by phone after three (3) attempts may result in disqualification of the winner, forfeiture of the winner's interest in the prize and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Any winners who are unwilling or unable to be interviewed by Sponsor may be ineligible to win his or her prize. Winners will also be identified by name on Sponsor's website. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by any winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner's consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, each Nominator and Nominee agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries, or votes submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The WUSA High School Basketball Coaches of the Year Contest is sponsored by WUSA-TV. Promotional sponsor is the Central Michigan University.The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after June 10, 2013) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.usatodayhss.com/dc or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules" (as applicable), WUSA High School Basketball Coaches of the Year Contest, 4100 Wisconsin Avenue NW Washington, DC 20016. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Allison Frick at email@example.com or call 202-895-5963.