LORTON, Va. (WUSA) -- The Fairfax County Fire Department has brought a fire under control that injured three people at a business in the Lorton area of the county. The injuries were described as minor.
Firefighters got the call about 10:45 a.m. Wednesday for a report of a fire and explosion at 10440 Furnace Road. A spokesperson says the fire broke out at a chemical lab. The site houses several businesses including a Five Guys, Stuart Kitchens and American Systems Corp.
Renee Stilwell with Fairfax County Fires says there was a malfunction in an air-handling unit at the lab and no chemical was involved. The business however, does handle what was described as a "petroleum based product" so a hazmat unit was dispatched to the scene.