Risotto con Gamberi (serves 1)
courtesy of Dolce Veloce
- 2 ½ oz Riso Arborio
- 3 large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 ½ cups of shrimp stock
- Pinch of salt
- Two slices of pancetta
- Spoon of mascarpone
- 2 teaspoons of grated parmigiano
- Pinch of black pepper
- Spoon of oil ( pomage or regular olive oil)
1) Place the pancetta in a frying pan and cook until crisp. Discard the excess oil and place pancetta on a paper towel to absorb oil. Or, you may bake the pancetta if you so choose.
2) Place half the oil in a sauce pan. As it heats, add the Arborio rice and stir for a minute in order to coat the rice with the oil and toast it a bit. Add half of the shrimp stock and let it absorb, adding more a bit at a time until it is al dente, around 10 minutes. Stir in half the parmigano and the mascarpone.
3) Place the other half of the oil in a sauté pan and heat. Sauté the shrimp until translucent and flavor with a bit of salt and pepper.
Assembly: Place the risotto on a plate. Sprinkle with the remainder of parmigiano. Artfully place the shrimp on the risotto and garnish with the pancetta.