LIVE VIDEO: WUSA 9 at 5am    Watch
 
 

Family Suffers Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

6:37 PM, Feb 7, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +
Family Suffers Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

FORT WASHINGTON, Md. (WUSA) - A faulty furnace spewed deadly carbon monoxide into a Fort Washington, Maryland home last night, yet no one knew it because the home had no working CO detector, according to Mark Brady with Prince George's County .

 

Then, at 9:30 pm, the family's two-year-old son fell out of bed. His parents thought he was having a seizure, so they called 911. Paramedics took the boy and his father to Children's Hospital. When the father could not reach his wife by phone, doctors figured out the answer to the mystery: CO poisoning.

They called Prince George's County Fire and rescue. Paramedics found people passed out at the home and a child feeling the affects of poisoning, They were airlifted to Baltimore Shock Trauma which has a hyperbolic chamber to treat those who are suffering CO poisoning.

 

Most Watched Videos