LEXINGTON PARK, Md. (WUSA) -- Four dogs died in an accidental overnight fire in St. Mary's County, fire investigators said.
An unattended space heater caused the wooden frame kennel and shed outside of 22182 Erickson Court, Lexington Park, officials said.
A neighbor reported the fire at 2:25 a.m. Officials say the shed and a camper near the shed were destroyed in the fire.
An estimated $15,000 worth of damage happened during the fire, officials said.
The property is registered to James Tawney, according to the fire report.