2 Displaced After Apartment Fire In Marlow Heights

4:43 PM, Dec 24, 2010   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

MARLOW HEIGHTS, Md. (WUSA) -- A fire broke out in an apartment building in Marlow Heights, caused thousands of dollars in damage and displaced a family.

The fire was reported shortly before 11 a.m. Friday in the three story, garden apartment building at 5005 Dallas Place.

Prince George's County Fire Department Spokesperson Mark Brady told 9NEWS NOW the fire originated in the bedroom area of one of the apartment units. He also said the fire was knocked down pretty quickly.

Two residents, an adult and a child, were displaced
as a result of the fire, but were relocated with the help of the Red Cross and the apartment complex management.

The cause of the fire was electrical in nature. Brady says there was a problem with an extension cord.

The damage was estimated at $5,000.

Most Watched Videos