Officials: Wisconsin Ave Fire Started On The Stove

5:39 PM, Dec 6, 2010   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

WASHINGTON (WUSA) -- DC Fire officials say they know the cause of a fire in the 2700 block of Wisconsin Avenue NW.

Fire spokesperson Pete Piringer said the fire at Skyline Towers started in the second floor kitchen and spread into the living room after food was left unattended on the stove.

Only the residents of the apartment where the fire started were displaced because of the fire, but Piringer said the building's management has put them in a vacant apartment.

The Red Cross also assisted.

Piringer also said the fire started coming out of the kitchen window but was quickly knocked down before it could affect another unit. 

The fire caused about $5,000 in damages.

Most Watched Videos