Fairfax Man and His Dog Die in Fire

9:58 AM, Oct 12, 2010   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

FAIRFAX, Va. (WUSA) -- A man and his dog died inside a Fairfax home that caught fire Tuesday morning.

Officials tell 9 NEWS NOW the fire happened at the 10900 block of Orchard Street around 7:00 a.m. Firefighters arriving on scene found fire coming from the basement of the home, which spread to the first floor.

Officials say firefighters first had difficulty entering the home because something was blocking the door. Once they got in, firefighters found the body of an elderly victim in a back room.

Neighbors say the man was a house painter, who mostly kept to himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The fire is under investigation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Most Watched Videos