courtesy of Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bistro
- 1 tsp. olive oil 2 Tbsp. yellow onion ¼" dice
- 2 ea. black peppercorns Pinch Kosher salt
- ½ cup white wine 1 Tbsp. Porcini powder
- ½ cup heavy cream ½ lb. Butter, lightly salted
- ¾ oz. Dried morels 10 oz. hot water 180°
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil (assoc. recipe) 2 oz. Brandy
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a small sauce pot over medium heat.
- Add 1/4" diced onions and cook for 1 minute and translucent and tender.
- Add peppercorns, Kosher salt, white wine and porcini mushroom powder.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to medium heat and cook the liquid to a 1/4 cup.
- Add the cream and reduce to 1/4 cup.
- Cut the butter into 1" pieces then whip into the sauce.
- Strain the sauce through a strainer into a container and hold at 140°.
- Combine the dried morels in a mixing bowl with the water and 1 oz. of brandy.
- Allow to soak for 25-30 minutes.
- Drain the morel mushrooms then rough chop to1/4".
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a small sauté pan.
- Cook the drained and chopped morels about 1 ½ minutes to slightly sear and brown.
- Add 1 oz. brandy and cook until flame goes out.
- Add morels into the porcini sauce and reserve warm.
- 6 filets 6 oz. 1 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. course black pepper 2 cups mashed potatoes
- Combine the salt & pepper then season both sides of each steak then broil to desired temperature.
- Prepare you favorite mashed potatoes then divide them evenly on 6 plates.
- Set 1 steak on top of the mashed potatoes then ladle 1 oz. of sauce over each steak.