Broccolini with Roasted Pepper Relish, Feta
Prep Time = 15-20 minutes
- 4 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons plus ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 bunches broccolini
- 1 cup roasted pepper relish (recipe to follow)
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large pot; bring the water and 2 tablespoons of the kosher salt to a boil. On the side, set up a bowl with water and ice.
- Trim off 1 inch of the broccolini stem and discard. Then add to the boiling water and cook for 1 minute. Remove and shock in the ice water until chilled. Remove from the ice water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Arrange the blanched broccolini on a serving dish, top with the roasted pepper relish and crumbled feta. Serve at room temperature.
Roasted Pepper Relish
Makes approximately 1 cup
Prep Time = 35-40 minutes
Inactive Prep Time = 20 minutes
- 2 red peppers; lightly oiled with extra virgin olive oil and seasoned with salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 3 pickled pepperdews; finely chopped
- 1 pickled red cherry pepper; stem and seeds removed, finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1. Preheat the oven broiler on high.
2. Arrange the red peppers on a baking sheet and place under your broiler.
3. Broil for 5-6 minutes on all sides. This will take approximately 20-25 minutes. The skins will become charred and the flesh soft.
4. Meanwhile; toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over medium heat for approximately 7-8 minutes; toss often. The walnuts will become fragrant and toasted. Remove from the heat and finely chop.
5. Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Place the red peppers in a glass bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
6. Once the red peppers have cooled, remove from the bowl and cut in half. Peel the skin off and remove the ribs and seeds. Finely dice the roasted red peppers and add to a mixing bowl.
7. Add in the toasted walnuts, pepperdew, red cherry pepper, extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar and kosher salt. Mix well to combine.
- ¾ cup finely diced jarred roasted red peppers can be substituted for roasting your own.
- Pesto can be made ahead of time and refrigerated up to 1 week in advance.