Tomato Beurre Blanc
8:40 AM, May 31, 2012
- 2 oz. white wine
- 2 each large tomato (cut into 6 pieces)
- 1 T fine diced shallot
- 1 T fresh minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 oz whole soft butter
- Sauté the onions and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and caramelize bottom of the pan.
- Add wine to deglaze the pan.
- Cook until everything is soft and tender and puree mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring back to a boil, remove from heat and whisk in remaining soft butter.