1 lb. baby spinach (from Richardson Farms)
8 oz. of Firefly goat cheese
1 pint blueberries
2 Yellow or Red peppers (from Arnold Farms)
10 - 15 leaves of fresh Basil
4 oz. pecans
Dusting of powder sugar
3 Tbsp. of Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbsp. of Agave or honey
3 Tbsp. of Pomegranate juice
3 Tbsp. of olive oil
1 Tbsp. of Dijon mustard
Feeds 4 to 5 people.
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Take baby spinach and wash well in cold water. Place in a bowl.
3. Crumble goat cheese into small pieces and set aside.
*Recommend using 2 ounces of goat cheese per person.
4. Dust pecans with powder sugar and bake for 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature. *Recommend using 1 ounce of pecans per person.
5. Take peppers cut in half and deseed. Rub with olive oil and roast for 20 minutes.
6. Place peppers in paper bag and close for 10 minutes. This will help the skin peel off easily and release the flavors of the peppers. Cut peppers into strips and set aside.
7. Take basil and remove stems. Cut them into strips and set aside.
8. Wash blueberries well and set aside.
9. For dressing combine all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together with a fork.
10. Combine all salad ingredients together. Toss with dressing.