Pear and Banana Slaw
by Michel Richard
Serves 4 as a side dish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- ½ cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 Asian pears, peeled and julienned
- 1 firm banana, sliced ¼" thick
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon pistachios, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
In a bowl whisk together the lime juice, rice vinegar, sugar, grated ginger, and sour cream, with a fork or wire whisk.
Prepare the pears, banana, celery, scallions, and basil, and place in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the pear mixture and toss to cover.
The slaw can be prepared 30 minutes before serving. Bon appétit.