LIVE VIDEO: WUSA 9 at 11pm    Watch
 

Lorton house fire caused by match, ruled accidental

9:21 AM, Jan 8, 2014   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

LORTON, Va. (WUSA9) -- Fairfax County Fire and Rescue officials say a fire in Lorton on Tuesday was caused by improper disposal of a match.

The fire happened at approximately 9:10 a.m. at 8584 Enochs Drive.

Firefighters say they encountered smoke coming from two floors of the three-story, middle unit townhouse when they arrived. 

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire, and performed extensive overhaul and salvage operations in the living room area, officials said.

One person who lived in the home escaped unharmed and is being assisted by the Red Cross.

The damage is estimated at $60,000. 

Most Watched Videos