Man injured in Va. art gallery fire

10:26 AM, Dec 20, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

ANNANDALE, Va. (WUSA9) -- A man was injured after a fire at an art gallery on Thursday morning in the Annandale area of Fairfax County.

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department crews responded to the at approximately 9:50 a.m. at 7261 Maple Place. Officials say firefighters "encountered smoke and fire in a house that had been renovated several times, to include a business with residential units on the top and bottom floors."

Officials say firefighters found fire on the first floor and were able to bring the fire under control in minutes.

One man was transported to Washington Hospital Center for a non-life threatening injury, say officials.

Many paintings were also damaged, according to officials.

Officials tell us a fan in the stove hood system malfunctioned and sparked the fire.

View Larger Map

Most Watched Videos