CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WUSA9) -- After the death of one of its students, The University of Virginia posted a video on YouTube on Wednesday to warn parents about the drug called "Molly," or Ecstasy/MDMA.
Student Mary Shelley Goldsmith died Labor Day weekend. Her parents believe that she took "Molly" at a concert in Washington, D.C. before her death.
In the video, Dr. Chris Holstege, Executive Director of UVa Student Health and a toxicology expert with the UVa Health System, describes the risks associated with Molly. According to the YouTube video description, "The video was produced by UVa Student Affairs in consultation with Shelley's parents, Robert and Deirdre Goldsmith, to help the UVa community and others become educated about the risks of Molly and other illicit drugs."
You can watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv14jOtWMuA
Last week, Goldsmith's parents shared their pain and offered a warning to other parents when they appeared as guests on the TV show The Doctors. You can see part of the show here: http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Mary-Goldsmiths-Parents-Warn-Others-About-Molly-223690621.html