ROCKVILLE, Md. (Mont. County Fire And Rescue/WUSA) --- Here are the places to watch fireworks on Fourth of July in Montgomery County.
• Gaithersburg, Montgomery County Fairgrounds, 16 Chestnut Street, Gaithersburg, Maryland. (301) 258-6350. Gates open at 5 p.m. Walk-in at Chestnut or Dalamar Streets; the Perry Parkway entrance will be closed. Entertainment at 7 p.m. Fireworks at dusk.
• Rockville, Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, 51 Mannakee Street, Rockville, Maryland. Additional parking will be available at Rockville Town Center. Live entertainment begins at 7 p.m. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
• Boyds/Germantown, Germantown Soccerplex, 18041 Central Park Circle, Boyds, Maryland. (240) 777-6820. Family activities beginning at 6 p.m., the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra will perform a musical salute to America at 8 p.m. and fireworks begin at 9:15 p.m.
• Poolesville, Poolesville Polo Grounds, 14660 Hughes Rd., Poolesville, Maryland. Live music begins at 6 p.m., Fireworks at 9 p.m. Parking is $5 per vehicle. (301) 972-8888.
• Kensington/Wheaton, Albert Einstein High School, 11135 Newport Road, Kensington, Maryland. Entertainment begins at 7:30 p.m. and fireworks show will begin approximately
at 9:15 p.m. Since there will be no on-site parking at the school or at adjacent properties, except for handicapped parking, shuttle buses will pick up passengers, beginning at 6:15 p.m., at Westfield Wheaton and the Wheaton Metro Station.
• Takoma Park, Takoma Park Middle School, 7611 Piney Branch Road, Takoma Park, Maryland. (301) 270-6876. Parade at 10 a.m. at the intersection of Carroll and Ethan Allen Avenues. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
Montgomery County Fire Chief Richard Bowers reminds residents to celebrate wisely over the holiday weekend and that the County will be continuing its 'zero tolerance' policy regarding illegal fireworks.
It is illegal for any person to manufacture, possess, store, offer for sale, sell, discharge, use, burn or explode any fireworks in Montgomery County, Maryland, except that an authorized display may be conducted by a licensed pyrotechnic professional with a permit. Penalties for violations of the law include a fine up to $1,000 and/or six months in jail. All fireworks are illegal in Montgomery County, Prince George's County and the City of Baltimore. Montgomery County Fire Safety Code: Section 22-70: Fireworks.
What fireworks are legal?
In Montgomery County, ALL fireworks are illegal to possess or discharge including gold label sparklers. Snap-and-pop noise makers, snakes and party poppers are the only exception to this law.
Can I receive fireworks at my home through the mail?
No. Use of the mail for the transportation of fireworks for use in the State of Maryland is illegal.
Can I have a private fireworks display at my residence with proper permits?
No. You can not have a private display; however, you can apply to have a public display with proper permits and insurance.
Can I receive fireworks at my residence delivered by a public carrier?
No. It doesn't matter where the fireworks are purchased or how they are brought into Maryland. Fireworks are still illegal in Montgomery County.
Where do I report firework violations?
Residents are urged to call 911 to report firework violations. Additionally, fire department and law enforcement agencies will be strictly enforcing the law.