Man injured, cat resuscitated in house fire in Md.

7:18 AM, Dec 31, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

LARGO, Md. (WUSA9) -- The Sky 9 Chopper flew over the scene of a house fire in Largo on Tuesday morning.

We are told a man escaped from the fire located in a home in the 800 block of Falcon Drive at approximately 7 a.m.

Prince George's County Fire Spokesperson Mark Brady says the man suffered smoke inhalation and burns. His injuries are considred non-life threatening. He is being transported to the hospital.

Fire officials say a cat was resuscitated at the scene but two other cats perished in the fire. A dog was also found and appeared to be in good condition, according to Brady.

Firefighters were able to put out the fire in the basement of the house at approximately 7:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Four adults will be displaced due to the fire. They are being helped by the County Citizen Services Unit.

Most Watched Videos