LIVE VIDEO: WUSA 9 Tonight    Watch
 

56 students exposed to carbon monoxide at Langley Elementary School

6:54 AM, Oct 25, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- Langley Elementary School is closed Friday due to an inoperable boiler.

Seventy six people were treated for carbon monoxide exposure at a school in D.C. Thursday, officials said.

That number included 56 students and 20 adults.  Six victims were taken to the hospital as a precaution.  The incident happened around 3:00 p.m. at Langley Elementary School located at 101 T St NE, officials said. 

The preliminary investigation shows that a faulty boiler in the  basement was the source of carbon monoxide, officials said.  The boiler in the school is currently not working and temperatures are expected to be near freezing on Friday. 

 

Most Watched Videos