Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 bunch trimmed asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 pound)
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough
- 1/2 pound chevre cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced sundried tomatoes packed in oil
- 3/4 cup HoneyBaked Ham, diced
- 1 egg yolk missed with 1/2 teaspoon of water
- salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a medium frying pan add butter and shallot, then saute over medium high heat for about one minute.
2. Add asparagus and cook until crisp tender (about 5 minutes).
3. Set aside your puff pastry dough. Open and roll out on a lightly floured piece of parchment to approximately a 10 x 16 rectangle.
4. Transfer both to a baking sheet. Pat the chevre cheese into the surface of the pastry, leaving a 1 inch border edge.
5. Sprinkle it with the shallots and asparagus, add sundried tomatoes, HoneyBaked Ham, and salt and freshly ground pepper to your liking.
6. Brush the edge of the tart with the yolk and water mix.
7. Bake until golden brown and pastry is puffy, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool slightly and serve.