LIVE VIDEO: WUSA 9 at Noon    Watch
 

Officials: Unattended Candle Causes Fairfax Co. Fire

7:54 AM, May 6, 2013   |    comments
File photo of a candle (AP)
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

CLIFTON, Va. (WUSA9) -- An unattended candle caused a house fire in Fairfax County, Va., fire officials said. 

It happened at approximately 12:45 a.m. in the Clifton Area of the county, at 5597 Cavalier Woods Lane, officials said. 

"Firefighters encountered heavy fire and smoke coming from the first and second floor and the rear of the two-story home upon arrival. Firefighters brought the fire under control in approximately 30 minutes. No one was home when the fire started," officials said.

Officials said that adult and a child have been displaced. Red Cross support was offered but declined by the occupants.

Damage is estimated at $150,000.

According to fire investigators, the fire was accidental. 

Most Watched Videos