LIVE VIDEO: WUSA 9 at 5am    Watch
 

Kenya gov't believes 4 terrorist bodies recovered

8:15 AM, Oct 21, 2013   |    comments
Civilians who had been hiding inside the Westgate Mall in Nairobi during the standoff exit the scene Sept. 21. 2013. The extremist group Al-Shabab live-tweeted about this mall siege in Kenya. (Photo: Jonathan Kalan, AP)
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +
  • FILED UNDER

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) - The Kenyan government says it believes it has recovered the remains of the four gunmen who stormed a shopping mall on Sept. 21 and killed more than 60 people.

Joseph Ole Lenku, Cabinet secretary for interior, said that on Sunday "we recovered a fourth body, which we know from CCTV footage to be that of a terrorist." He said in his message late Sunday that officials believe the remains of three people recovered at the mall last week are also "those of the terror suspects." Closed-circuit TV footage from Westgate Mall shows four gunmen taking part in the attack.

Lenku said "DNA and other investigations will confirm their identities."

So far, one gunmen has been identified: Hassan Abdi Dhuhulow, a Somali-Norwegian.

Most Watched Videos