LIVE VIDEO: WUSA 9 Tonight    Watch
 

Naval Academy sex assault case continues

2:12 PM, Sep 1, 2013   |    comments
From left, Tra'ves Bush, Eric Graham and Josh Tate are reportedly the three men facing charges involving an alleged sexual assault at the Naval Academy's 'football house' last year. (Navy)
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +
  • FILED UNDER

WASHINGTON (AP) - An attorney for a U.S. Naval Academy midshipman in a sexual assault case says a defense lawyer asked if her client would withdraw from further testimony due to fatigue.

Susan Burke, the woman's attorney, made the comments in open court Sunday at a hearing to determine whether three midshipmen will face a court-martial.

The former football players are accused of sexually assaulting the woman at a party.

Burke said in an interview that she interpreted the request as evidence that defense attorneys are trying to exhaust her client on the stand.

Defense attorney Ronald Herrington confirmed that he approached Burke Friday. But he says he simply asked whether the woman would testify further and disputes Burke's version.

The woman began testifying Tuesday. She said Saturday she was tired, and the court agreed she wouldn't have to testify that day. She's on the stand again Sunday.

Most Watched Videos