WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- If you've ever been at a job where you seem stuck while others are flying ahead, then it may not be your job performance holding you back.
CareerBuilder is out with a new survey Wednesday morning. Employers were asked, if they had two-equally qualified candidates, which factors would make them more likely to consider one candidate over another?
Here are some factors that put a candidate over the top:
- 27 percent picked the person with the better sense of humor
- 26 percent cited community involvement
- 22 percent said fashion sense
- 21 percent said "the candidate whom I have more in common with"
- 13 percent said physical fitness could be a factor