LIVE VIDEO: WUSA 9 at 6am    Watch
 

Firefighters Rescue 90-Year-Old Woman In Bethesda House Fire

11:42 PM, Feb 1, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

BETHESDA, Md. (WUSA) -- Fire-fighters responded to multiple phone calls reporting of a fire in a Bethesda family home.

Officials say firefighters searched the home and found a 90-year-old female resident in the back bedroom.

The resident was treated and transported to a local hospital. Officials report she suffered non-life threatening injuries.

Officials say the fire was extinguished and an investigation determined that the fire originated near an oil-filled space heater plugged into an extension cord in the garage. The fire is being listed as undetermined with a possible cause as a failure of the electrical extension cord or the heater.

The fire caused $200,000 worth of damages to the house.

Most Watched Videos