OXON HILL, Md. (WUSA) - The identity of the man who died of injuries sustained in a house fire Sunday morning has been released by the Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department.
Douglas Williams, 59, died after returning to the burning home in the 5100 block of Boulder Drive at about 5:30 a.m Sunday.
Witnesses say that after the fire started, Williams rescued his wife and escorted her to safety before returning inside the burning home where he fell unconscious. He was found by firefighters near the area of the kitchen/dining room.
Investigators believe a kerosene heater may have been to blame for the accidental fire which cause more than $50,000 in damages.