LIVE VIDEO: WUSA 9 Tonight    Watch
 

Late Thanksgiving Eve Laurel Fire Tied to Turkey Cooking

3:53 PM, Nov 22, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

LAUREL, Md. (WUSA) -- Fire officials believe a turkey-related fire significantly damaged a home early Thanksgiving.

After 10:30 p.m. Thursday, units from Prince George's, Anne Arundel, Howard Counties and the city of Laurel responded to reports of heavy fire in a two-story single-family home on the 500 block of Prince George's Street. According to officials, the accidental fire may have started on the rear deck when a family was cooking and the propane tank caught on fire, then exploded.

There were no injuries. A family of three was displaced. The home is located in a historic district.

Most Watched Videos