WASHINGTON (AP) -- Paula Deen issued a video apology on Friday, days after it was revealed that she admitted using racial slurs in the past.
MORE: I "Do not condone" the use of the "N-word"
The TV cook said she wanted to apologize "for the wrong that I've done" and that she wanted to learn and grow from the incident.
While questioned last month in a discrimination lawsuit, the 66-year-old Food Network star admitted to having used racial slurs in the past, but insisted she and her family do not tolerate prejudice.
In the video apology posted on YouTube, Deen said "inappropriate, hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable."
The Food Network said Thursday it doesn't tolerate any form of discrimination and is looking into the situation.
Here is the text of the video:
"I want to apologize to everybody for the wrong that I've done. I want to learn and grow from this...inappropriate and hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable. I've made plenty of mistakes along the way, but I beg you, my children, my team, my fans, my partners, I beg for your forgiveness. Please forgive me for the mistakes that I've made."