LIVE VIDEO: WUSA 9 at 6am    Watch
 

DC Fire: Carbon Monoxide Sickens 7 Workers

6:42 AM, May 21, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

WASHINGTON (AP) - A D.C. fire department official says seven construction workers were sickened by carbon monoxide and sent to area hospitals.

Fire department spokesman Lon Walls say 10 people were affected by the fumes on Monday night as they worked at the National Press Building. Walls says the workers were sickened while removing asbestos from the building at 14th and F streets northwest.

Walls says six of the workers taken to hospitals appeared to be in relatively good condition. He says one was more seriously affected, but he is expected to survive.

Most Watched Videos