Puppy with pet oxygen mask (courtesy: Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department)
GREAT FALLS, Va. (WUSA9) -- A puppy was revived after a fire broke out in a Great Falls home on Friday night, say Fairfax County Fire and Rescue officials.
A neighbor called 911 to report the fire at 717 Forest Park Road. No people were inside the home at the time but officials say two dogs were found. Officials tell us an eight-month-old Labrador/Great Dane was revived with a pet oxygen mask.
Fire officials say the fire orginated in the kitchen, and fire fighters found heavy smoke and fire coming from all sides of the two-story. They were able to bring the fire under control in approximately 20 minutes, say officials.
The home suffered major damage, resulting in an estimated $300,000 loss, according officials.
Officials say two occupants have been displaced due to the fire.
The fire remains under investigation.