Candle sparked Va. house fire that displaced 9

10:26 AM, Jul 24, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

HERNDON, Va. (WUSA9) -- Fairfax County fire officials say that at approximately 7:20 a.m. Tuesday a single family home in the 400 block of Spruce Court in Herndon, Va.

Firefighters found smoke and fire coming from the main level of the townhouse. They were able to bring it under control in approximately 20 minutes, according to officials.

Officials say the residents had already escaped after hearing the smoke alarm and weren't injured, but nine people have been displaced as a result of the fire.

The fire left behind $60,000 worth of damage, according to officials.

The fire originated in a bedroom on the main level, say authorities. Fire investigators say an unattended candle in the bedroom caused the fire.

Most Watched Videos