Suspicious Death In Rockville, Md. Investigated By Montgomery County Police

4:29 PM, Jul 11, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

ROCKVILLE, Md. (WUSA9) -- A Greenbelt doctor is found dead inside his Rockville home Thursday morning.  

Police say the victim had gotten into an argument with his two children and the next moment their father is dead. Police are investigating this as a suspicious death.

The Greenbelt doctor was supposed to see four of his patients today but instead paramedics and police arrived at his home, at 9804 Juniper Hill Road, to find him dead.

Investigators are trying to figure out how a family argument lead to his death, was it self-defense, natural causes or something else? 

Whatever happened inside the home disturbs residents but not necessarily surprises them in this quiet Rockville neighborhood.

Barbara Skardis, neighbor says, "we were afraid something bad happened because they had a lot of problems."

Around 6:30 Thursday morning, police arrived after the victim's 19-year-old son called police saying his father wasn't breathing. Captain Jim Daly, Montgomery Co. Police said, "Initial responding officers found some aspects on the scene suspicious and they called major crimes detectives."

Police say the victim's two adult children, a son and daughter got into an argument with their father, but it's unclear what happened next that resulted in their father's death.

Neighbors say 50-year-old Chandrasekhar Korapati was an internal medicine doctor and nephrologist who saw patients with kidney problems.

Multiple Neighbors say the father may have had a drinking problem. Police say they've been to the house for a domestic call at least once this year.

Skardis said, "we know he has been suffering for some time. We thought the last time, he may have gone for treatment."

A family car was towed from the street. Inside the car was a blanket and pillow. Neighbors say they'd grown accustomed to seeing ambulances or police cars at their house.  

In one such incident a year ago, Barbara Skardis had to call 9-1-1.

"I heard help, help! I looked around. I saw him on the driveway flat, saying help and I ran toward him and I called 911. My heart goes out to the family. It's very sad."

No charges or arrests have been made.

Police are waiting for an autopsy report.

Most Watched Videos