4 Displaced After Accidental Fire At Reston Townhouse

8:22 AM, May 21, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

RESTON, Va. (WUSA9) -- Fairfax Fire and Rescue Department officials say unattended food on the stove caused a townhouse fire on Monday in the Reston area.

The accidental fire at the single family home in the 11800 block of Saint Trinians Court left behind nearly $100,000 worth of damage, say fire officials.

Firefighters arrived shortly after a neighbor's 911 call and quickly brought the fire under control, but there was significant smoke damage, according to officials.

No one was inside the home when the fire started, say officials. Officials say three adults and a child have been displaced due to the fire and Red Cross is helping them.

Most Watched Videos