WASHINGTON (WUSA 9) -- Metro officials say crews will be working on rebuilding and upgrading the system this weekend. The work will begin at 10 p.m. Friday and continue until closing on Sunday.
Buses will replace trains on parts of the Orange and Blue lines and trains will be single tracking on the Red, Green and Yellow lines, according to officials.
On the Orange line:
- free shuttle buses will replace trains between Stadium-Armory and Cheverly
- the Minnesota Ave and Deanwood stations will be closed
- trains will single track between East Falls Church and West Falls Church
- trains will operate in two segments between Vienna and Stadium-Armory every 20 minutes, and between New Carrollton and Cheverly every 20 minutes.
- shuttle bus service on 2 routes: between Stadium-Armory and Cheverly serving all intermediate stations with up to 30 minutes of travel time. Express buses will operate between Stadium-Armory and Cheverly stations only with up to 20 minutes of travel time.
On the Blue Line:
On the Red Line
- Free shuttle buses will replace Blue Line trains between Stadium-Armory and Benning Road
- trains will operate in two segments: between Franconia-Springfield and Stadium-Armory every 20 minutes, and between Largo Town Center and Benning Road every 20 minutes.
On the Green/Yellow Lines
- trains will single track between Judiciary Square and Rhode Island Avenue
- trains between Shady Grove and Glenmont will operate every 20 minutes.
- between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, additional trains will operate between Shady Grove and Judiciary Square, resulting in service about every 10 minutes between those stations.
- customers on the eastern side of the Red Line should allow about 10 extra minutes of travel time.
- Green and Yellow line trains will single track between L'Enfant Plaza and Mt Vernon Square
- Yellow Line trains will operate every 20 minutes between Huntington and Mt Vernon Sq only.
- Green Line trains will operate every 20 minutes between Branch Ave and Greenbelt.
- Customers should allow 10 minutes of additional travel time.
For more information, please visit wmata.com.