LIVE VIDEO: WUSA 9 at 4am    Watch
 

Baby Monitor Malfunction Sparks House Fire

10:02 AM, Feb 13, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

MECHANICSVILLE, Md. (WUSA) -- Fire investigators have determined that a fire that left $25,000 worth of damage to a Mechanicsville, Md. was caused by an electrical malfunction of a baby monitor.

The baby monitor was in the basement of a house in the 26800 block of Fowler Court. When the fire started, the smoke alarms went off and a resident there discovered the fire. 

Twenty firefighters arrived around 3:15 p.m. They brought the fire under control in approximately five minutes.

According to fire officials, the fire "significantly damaged" the basement. 

Family members are helping the residents of the home.


Most Watched Videos