6 Without Home After Townhouse Fire

8:03 AM, Dec 26, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

WEST GATE, Va. (WUSA) -- Six people can't stay in their home after an accidental fire in West Gate, Va.

According to Prince William County fire officials, a child at the townhouse in the 7900 block of Community Drive on Saturday night alerted an adult about a fire in the house. Smoke detectors activated and the adult used a garden hose on the fire until firefighters arrived at the scene.

In total, fire officials estimate $50,000 worth of damage to the house.

No one was injured in the fire. 

Red Cross helped the three adults and three children who were displaced by the fire.

View Larger Map

Most Watched Videos