WASHINGTON (WUSA) -- Today is the start of National Teen Driver Safety Week.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administrator David Strickland joined us on Monday morning to talk about it. You can see the interview above.
Strickland talked with our Monika Samtani about the steps parents can take to keep their teens safe on the road:
• Learn and follow state graduated driver licensing (GDL) laws
• Parent-teen driving contract
• No Cell Phones while driving
• Limit teen passengers and night driving
• Seat belts
• Talk to your teen about alcohol
• Have regular supervised driving and feedback sessions