courtesy of Indigo Landing
For the Basil Oil
- ½ cup Packed Basil Leaves
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Combine the basil and oil in a blender and puree.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mixture in a squeeze bottle or small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the Gazpacho
- 8 cups Watermelon, chopped into 1x1 pieces
- ½ Red Onion, chopped
- ½ Red Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ Seedless Cucumber, peeled and cut into rounds
- ½ cup Water
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- A dash of Vinegary Hot Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- First, add all ingredients into a blender and puree until mostly smooth, leaving few chunks.
- Then, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill for at least two hours before serving. Note: If your blender cannot accommodate this recipe size, do it in two or more batches if needed.
- To finish, ladle 8 oz. of the Gazpacho into a chilled bowl and crumble about a teaspoon of ricotta salata on top.
- Drizzle a small amount of basil oil into the soup for color and flavor.