1 lb. crabmeat, lump
3-4 slices, +/- 3 oz. Sourdough bread, crust removed
6 oz. mayonnaise
1/2 cup fresh tarragon leaves
1 Tbsp. Md. bay seasoning
2 tsp. lemon pepper
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1. Drain Crabmeat of any liquid if necessary.
2. Choose day old slices of sourdough, or crusty artisan bread. Remove and discard the crust and cut into ¼" cubes.
3. Pick the leaves off the tarragon stems and measure out ½ cup dry, before washing. Wash and chop the tarragon leaves.
4. In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, tarragon, and spices. Next, add the sourdough bread.
5. Gently fold crab meat into mayonnaise and bread mixture. Be careful not to break up the crab lumps.
6. Form into 5 even sized crabcakes.
7. Lay out panko bread crumbs on a plate, and roll crabcakes in panko bread crumbs- cover completely
8. Let crabcakes rest for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
1. Set pancake griddle at 375°. Lightly oil.
2. Grill the crabcakes in the heated oil, 3-4 minutes each side.