7:02 AM, Mar 29, 2012
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 oz semi-sweet bakers chocolate
- (optional) sprinkles, almonds, Jordan almonds
- Combine coconut, melted butter, egg whites, almond and vanilla extract.
- Using a Tablespoon, form into balls
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, turning the sheet at 8 minutes so the macaroons brown evenly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Melt chocolate.
- Dip macaroons into chocolate (and sprinkles if desired)
- Place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Insert almonds (if desired).
- Put sheet in refrigerator to allow chocolate to harden.