BOSTON (WUSA9) -- Well this has been a bizarre day in Boston.
Just two days after the bombings at the Boston Marathon it's fair to say that no one could have predicted how Wednesday played out. Here's a chronological breakdown of the crazy series of events. Hopefully it can clear up some things:
- In the early afternoon, reports surfaced that investigators believed they had identified a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing investigation.
- Next it was reported that an arrest was imminent and that the suspect would be taken to court.
- Shortly thereafter national media and locals alike flocked to the Boston Federal Courthouse.
- After a large crowd had formed, Homeland Security Officers asked the crowd to back up to the other side of the street. A few minutes later, they asked people once again to move even further back.
- Somewhere in that period of time the FBI announced that contrary to prior media reports no arrest had actually been made.
- Then people could be seen evacuating the Courthouse as officers with heavy weaponry secured the area after a reported bomb threat.
- The Courthouse was then searched and cleared.
- Lastly, an FBI briefing that was expected to take place to update the press on the investigation was cancelled.
On top of all that we've also been tracking the reports in D.C. of letters containing poison being sent to politicians.
So, that's all we know right now.
It's been quite the confusing day and we're trying to make sense of it just like you are.